Auckland, New Zealand is a beautiful city that is sure to take your breath away. Tucked away in New Zealand's North Island, the beautiful city is jam-packed with things to do, places to see and things to experience. Whether you're there for the first time or have been there once before, you will want to experience it all over again.
The city of Auckland is full of diversity and personality. It is also New Zealand's largest city, with a population of nearly 1.5 million. If you're looking for somewhere exciting to go to on your next vacation, Auckland is the place to be. Why do you ask? Below are some of the top reasons you shouldn't miss the opportunity to visit this magnificent city.
1. There's a myriad of daring adventures to be had. Helicopter rides, hiking, motorbiking, kayaking, and bungee jumping are just a few of the popular activities within the city.
2. You'll find the city brimming with natural beauty. Preserved parks, stunning gardens, sandy beaches, volcanoes, and beautiful alpine forests, make up most of Auckland.
3. The coastlines will leave you breathless. Auckland is almost entirely enclosed by vast waters, creating amazing coastlines nearly all around the city.
4. You must explore Waiheke Island. The island isn't just sandy white beaches with huge rocks blanked in greenery. It's full of art galleries, vineyards, and flavorful wines.
5. The zoo is an exciting adventure. You can visit over 1400 animals (135 species). Many of them are native to New Zealand.
6. Some of the most excellent restaurants are in Auckland. There are many award-winning restaurants and eateries throughout the city. You must try foods authentic to the nation, such as a Hangi dish or Lolly cake.
7. There's a lot of art to take in. There is so much to see, from the Auckland Art Gallery to the smaller galleries downtown. Just walking through the city, you'll get to view a ton of street art, murals, and Maori treasures being sold all over.
8. Beautiful panoramic views everywhere you go. No matter where you are, there's an extraordinary panoramic view to be admired. The Sky Tower provides the most stunning of them all.
9. There are incredible markets open every day of the week. There are many diverse marketplaces throughout Auckland. Make sure you check them out for some great souvenirs.
10. The city has some of the nation's biggest ports and harbors. As the "City of Sails," you'll undoubtedly notice the abundance of ports, harbors, and maritime activities.
11. You can reach all of the best destinations by leaving from Auckland. Just a few hours north of Auckland is the Bay of Islands, while in other directions, you can reach Hobbiton and Waitomo Caves, Rotorua, and the Coromandel Peninsula.
Are you ready for your exploration of Auckland? Feel free to reach out to me so we can begin planning!